Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to achieve cumulative sum ordered by data that is equivalent to SQL PARTITION BY

shuaib_gc
5 - Atom

I'm using the In-Database nodes to achieve the same effect as the following SQL statement:

SELECT *,

SUM("NET_QTY") OVER (PARTITION BY A."MATNR" ORDER BY "MJAHR","BUDATMKPF") AS "BALANCE"

FROM A

The creates an output where an additional column is added to the output called Balance. The balance is running total of NET_QTY for a particular product/material ordered by a date "BUDATMKPF".

shuaib_0-1587141412481.png

3 REPLIES 3
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @shuaib_gc, assuming you are looking to replicate your existing SQL cumulative sum logic within Alteryx, you could use a combination of Sort and Running Total tools to achieve the results. Attached is a sample for your reference. Let us know if this is not what you are looking for.   

shuaib_gc
5 - Atom

Thanks Abhilash!

Your solution works brilliantly for standard in-memory workflow. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a running total tool for In-Database. However your solution inspired me to find the solution https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Running-Total-Record-ID-using-In-DB-to... by using the SQL expression within the In-Database formula tool.

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I learnt something in-turn, thank you for sharing the link!

Labels