Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to View Underlying R Code

OsakaPaul
5 - Atom

How can I view the underlying R code of the workflow that Alteryx is performing?

4 REPLIES 4
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

There are two (2) ways that you may have to approach this.  One is to select the macro type/version and the other is to simply open the macro.

Capture.pngCapture2.png

Then you open the "Macro" and find the R Tool.

Capture.png

Check the configuration window and you'll see this:

Capture.png

You can now "view the underlying R code".  

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
patricktim
5 - Atom

I can use that approach to get the code for each function in my workflow, is there a way to get the code for my entire workflow?  in one step? 

Joshua_Bova
7 - Meteor

Was this question ever answered? I am wondering the same thing. How do you get the underlying R Code from the entire workflow? Can you?

paul_houghton
12 - Quasar

If you are meaning for all entire workflow then no you cant get R code for it. that is because the manipulations and transformations are not done with R code at all but the custom Alteryx functions. The only R code that gets run is what appears in the "R Tool" as shown in the accepted answer

Hope that clarifies your question.

Labels