Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to Pivot Data in Alteryx

HannahSwain
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I am having trouble with pivoting data in excel. I have two data sets- one which shows daily vacation per individual and another that shows working hours per day. I am trying to combine the data so there is a row per day per individual (which shows both vacation and working hours). Is this possible please?

Thank you in advance,

Hannah

6 REPLIES 6
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The tools in the Transform tool category will be most useful to replicate Pivot functionality. If you can share an example file with the input tables and desired output, I'm sure the Community could put together working examples for you in Designer. 

HannahSwain
7 - Meteor

Thank you Charlie. Please find attached sample data.

Thanks,

Hannah

kelsey_kincaid
12 - Quasar

Hi @HannahSwain ,

I attached an example - the join tools on the purple tab are especially helpful for combining data like this. Let me know if you have any questions.

HannahSwain
7 - Meteor

Hi @kelsey_kincaid,

Thank you so much for sharing this. Unfortunately I am unable to open this as you have a newer version of Alteryx than me (I am currently on Alteryx Designer x64). Is there anyway you can save this as an older version?

Thanks again,

Hannah

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

See attached file: Adjusting Alteryx files for different versions.docx

kelsey_kincaid
12 - Quasar

Hi @HannahSwain , I added a screenshot of the workflow below if that helps. Otherwise I'd recommend following @ChrisTX 's instructions. 

kayers_0-1578328010457.png

Labels