Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to Manipulate Input Files the same way?

jonnyrask
8 - Asteroid

I have many files and I want to manipulate the files the same way. This is what I want to do, but the dynamic input tool combines the files instead of just allowing me to apply the union to each specific file it applies to all of them.

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 4.27.28 PM.png

I guess my questions is: How can I apply the same tools to an unknown number of different files without having to do an input file for each and every one of them?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @jonnyrask, to help us better understand your challenge, are you looking to read multiple excel files from a given folder using one input tool (or dynamic input tool)?  If yes, then the following Community article might be a good starting point to learn more about how one should think about their solution. I have attached a sample workflow that is built along the same lines to help you get started.

randreag
11 - Bolide

Hi @jonnyrask 

I understand you need to apply a union to many files.

You can do it creating a simple macro . I attached an example.

The advantage in comparison with the dynamic input is that you are not going to have errors with the differences in fields.

The input in my example are paths but can come from a Directory tool too 

Regards

Labels