Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to Keep records in output only if they are available in another file.

Pankhudri20
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I am working on an extensive Alteryx workflow which has several files as input.

For example,  I have 2 files, Div and Active, If an employee ID from Div exists in Active, then only it should be included in the output file else not. I do not need any other extra columns.

I have tried join and it does not give me the required result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
Unfortunately, I cannot share any files due to confidentiality.

Regards,

Pankhudri

13 REPLIES 13
Pankhudri20
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Kenda ,

Thank you for your response!

This works for me quite well.

However, since this is a dynamic data input, I am using a dynamic input to connect to database which will fetch new data every month (fiscper). But it is showing an error everytime.

"Error: Dynamic Input (45): At least 1 modification action must be specified."

Can you please tell how to resolve this error?

Regards,

Pankhudri

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Pankhudri20 

I'm glad to hear that you're making progress!

For your dynamic input tool configuration, it sounds like you have the second radio button selected. If this is the case, you must add an action so that Alteryx knows which records to pull.

See the bottom of this page for help and examples: https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/dynamic-input-tool 

Pankhudri20
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Kenda ,

Thank you for your input.

I was able to use the dynamic input correctly.

Can you please tell me what would be the best way to achieve this?

So, I need to always take current fiscper -1 data.

For example, today is fiscper 2021003 and I run the workflow today.

All the data till today is pulled. But, I need till fiscper 2021002 only. It is not based on fixed dates. I have a column fiscper How can I filter this? 

Looking forward to your response !

Thank you for all your help. Greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Pankhudri

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Pankhudri20 

If you want all of the data in the previous group and prior, use a Summarize tool to get the max value of the fiscper field. Then, use the append fields tool to append this cell to all of your records. From there, you can use a filter tool to only keep records that are less than that max field.

Labels