Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to Join on a Date Range

D12monkey
8 - Asteroid

Good evening all you Alteryx gurus,

I've been tasked with creating a workflow that looks at a dataset and attempts to reclassify a column based on a value of another column when compared to a second set of data.

Basically, I've been asked to look to see if a value exists within a second larger set. But the value doesn't have to be exact and can be with in range of + or - 20. For example.

Data Set 1 has two columns. (Column one is a String column and column two is a double value)

If the string is missing from the row in column 1 then take the value of column two and see if it exists within data set 2 (Double value), but the value in Data set two can be up to + or - 20.

Data Set 1  Data Set 2
Column 1Column 2Column 3 (USE) Column 1
PTSY1,154.32PTSY 1,234.35
JUST9,999.00JUST 13,413
ADSD213ADSD 5,156
 345.22DEFAULT 14,677
ANSJ1234ANSJ 3,477

Data set 1 has a string missing in one of the rows who's value of column 2 is 344.22

Data set 2 has a value in its column 1 that = 355.35 and meets the + - 20 threshold, therefore I would need to replace the blank in column 1 to "DEFAULT" in column 3, if there is a string in Column 1 then just bring in the string of column 1 into column 3.

I can mock up some data if it would make it easier to understand.

I believe I would be able to do a fuzzy match but can't think of a way to the then range value match to populate the formula match and without exploding the datasets as we could be comparing hundreds of rows against thousands of rows. Any help would be awesome.

3 REPLIES 3
ponraj
13 - Pulsar

Sample workflow as below. 

How to Join on a Date Range.PNG

ravisharma
7 - Meteor

Hi @D12monkey 

Please find attached workflow in a very basic and simple way.

Workflow could be worked on to make it more efficient as needed. 

Hope this is helpful. Thanks. 

Solution 8th march.png

D12monkey
8 - Asteroid

Thank you!

Labels