Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to Input Image Logo to Final Report

carimoffitt
7 - Meteor

I'm creating a report by using the layout tool to combine a table made from the table tool and a summary made in the report text tool. In the summary, I want to the title to look like this: "Logo Image | XXX Title Summary". Does anyone know how I can get the image on the same line as the title?

When I try to directly insert the image into the report text tool, I can't resize the image and it ends up being way too large once I render to my Excel output. I tried using the image tool to then insert as a field in the report text tool, but it inserts the image as well as the file path in text. Anyone know a way around this?

6 REPLIES 6
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I think the Header reporting tool is what you are looking for!

Ben

carimoffitt
7 - Meteor

@BenMoss Thanks for your response! The header tool works great for inserting the picture, but either within the tool or by adding another one is there a way to change font colors and sizing of the report title and arrange what order the title and image appear in?

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @carimoffitt,

Could you attach the image logo?

Jonathan

carimoffitt
7 - Meteor

@Jonathan-Sherman Unfortunately it's a client image so I'm not able to share. Instead, can we work with the Alteryx logo? I've attached that here. Basically, I want my header to look like the screenshot below:

carimoffitt_0-1588079634252.png

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @carimoffitt,

Great minds think alike! (I used the Alteryx logo for my mock up). Is this what you're looking to achieve? It will give you much more customization options over the report header tool.

image.png

The workflow essentially stitches together the image and text (horizontally using a layout tool), adding in a line below to distinguish between header and report, finally adding in the table underneath.

image.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Jonathan

carimoffitt
7 - Meteor

@Jonathan-Sherman Thank you so much for your help! Much appreciated.

Labels