Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to Hide a workflow so the person running it doesn't see the workflow.

jdelaguila
8 - Asteroid

Our company currently has 2 Alteryx Designer licenses  - No server license.

I want to create a way for the end user to run the workflow without having access to the workflow.

Can I create an analytical app without having a server license? If so does the end user who runs the workflow have to have Alteryx Designer as well?

If i can't create an analytical app - any ideas on how i could hide the workflow from the end user?

Javier

3 REPLIES 3
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @jdelaguila 

I guess you can lock/encrypt workflow

atcodedog05_0-1621954186695.png

Here are post which might help you out.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/prevent-other-to-alter-our-workflow/td....

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/lock-your-workflow

(Optional) Restrict use to specific serial numbers (one per line): Enter a list of the serial numbers (email addresses). Only users with a listed serial number are able to run the locked workflow. List each unique serial number on its own line. To locate your serial number, in the main menu go to Help > About.

Hope this helps 🙂

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Hi @jdelaguila --

If you don't have server then the user running the workflow will need a designer license. That being said, you can lock the workflow so the user cannot open it. Be careful though, a locked workflow cannot be unlocked so you will always need an unlocked copy kept somewhere save.

I hope this helps.

Seth

smoskowitz_0-1621954109272.png

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jdelaguila ,

the only way to achieve this is by running the workflow via the gallery, which requires a server licence.

@atcodedog05 's solution allows them to run it but not edit the workflow. They will still see and will still require a licence.

You need the server to achieve your requirements.

M.

Bulien

Labels