Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to Group data by specific fields before using Arrange tool to manually transpose

nshah48
7 - Meteor

I have data that I would like to be grouped and displayed them in the group after arranging them by transposing for display purposes on a report.

nshah48_0-1621350978074.png

Here's my data that I would like to group by region, and dealer and then transpose and display total amount by dealer. I am able to rearrange the data by using the Arrange tool. However is displays data for each dealer individually and does not keep them grouped. See below..

nshah48_1-1621351124339.png

I want the data to display in the following manner. Any help to be able to achieve this? i have the workflow and testdata attached here.

nshah48_2-1621351266533.png

1 REPLY 1
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I think you may need to take a different strategic approach in order to sort like this... I would recommend something like the following/attached, where you address how you want each "section" within the Region/Dealer group to be formatted (i.e. header section, middle details, and total row) and then union them back together with a sort to get everything lined up in the right order. Few more tools than the arrange, BUT more dynamic flexibility in how you handle the grouping & details. 

NicoleJohnson_0-1622677954742.png

Hope that helps provide a few alternative solutions!

Cheers!

NJ

Labels