Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to Flag out of Bound Values

ReidM
7 - Meteor

I currently have a a data set of torque values. I made a scatterplot with upper/lower limits and the average to help visually see how my data fits. Upper limit is 12.2 and lower limit is 9.5. Separately, I want to flag and then alert via email when I have three points in a row that our outside of these limits. I know how to flag every value that falls outside the limits, but not strictly three in a row. Any help on how I would go about doing this?

ReidM_0-1645476321141.png

Thanks!!

14 REPLIES 14
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

You have to determine which are those points outside those limits within the workflow, not by just looking at the chart. Once you have this data available in the workflow you can trigger an email. 

ReidM
7 - Meteor

Yes I understand that if I just wanted to know every value that fell outside the limits. I could do a formula tool with IF statements and flag every point over 12.2 and under 9.5. For this I want it to alert only when it happens 3 times in a row. I'm sure there's a formula that would work, I just cant wrap my head around how to do it. 

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

If you have that data in rows, you can use the multi row formula to check if there is a value three times consecutively. Sample data would help us show you how to do this. 

ReidM
7 - Meteor

I attached what the end result of my data currently looks like.

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

The input file is not included in the workflow file. You can export the workflow so it will include all the assets in the package. Go to Options > Export Workflow.

ReidM
7 - Meteor

Sorry about that, did this work?

mattnason1
9 - Comet

Not knowing your data I'd do something like this.

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

@ReidM You don't have any points that are below limitlow or higher than limimax.

mattnason1
9 - Comet

Mistake in my multi-row

Should have been:

if [Row-1:Value] = 0 then [Value]
elseif [Value] = 0 then [Value]
else [Row-1:New Field] + [Value] endif

Labels