Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to Find UNLIMITED Points near a point?

MostafaBouzari
8 - Asteroid

Hello guys,

i'm trying to learn Spatial object and i came across a question that asked to fine a nearest point and Amoung possible answer were

While in Find Nearest  tool we can't choose more than 20

Is it possible to Find Unlimited Amount of points (For example: in a 3 miles Distance)? 

3 REPLIES 3
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

You can use a distance tool to find the distance between a point and all other points by joining or spending the point to all records. 

cheers,

mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @MostafaBouzari 

As well as @MarqueeCrew's suggestion, you can build a 3 mile Trade Area around the point and use the Spatial Match tool to find all the points that intersect the trade area.

Dan

neilgallen
12 - Quasar

@MostafaBouzari 

While the drop down in the find nearest tool limits you to 20, you can type whatever value you wish in the field. That said, the suggestions below are correct in that if you had an 'unlimited' number of points your best option is a trade area and spatial match combo.

Labels