Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to Export Data Workstream from Dynamic Input of Multiple Sheets as Single Excel file?

Rodrigotru
5 - Atom

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working to clean up some data from an excel file with multiple worksheets. I used the Dynamic Input tool to input the data from all 4 sheets into my workflow to avoid having to manually set up multiple Input Tools (one for each sheet). This worked great, but I am now trying to export my cleansed data into a .xlsx file and two things happen:

1) The "Write to File or Database" selection glitches after I choose the location and name for my file producing the result displayed in the attached screenshot (Output Write File Glitch)

2) If I manually enter the file path where I want the output to be saved, it will only save the data present in (presumably) the first sheet input by the Dynamic Input tool.

Ultimately, I am trying to have a single output sheet with the rows from all sheet appended into a single table/dataset that exports into a single sheet within a .xlsx file. I have attached a screenshot of my workflow along with screenshots of the configurations for the Input tool and Dynamic Input tool. The reason for wanting to use a single input tool, rather than a separate input for each sheet, is that the file is refreshed each week and can contain a different number of sheets which would need to be combined.

Could anyone advise me on whether there is a way combine all the data in the separate sheets using a single Input tool stream for the workbook?

3 REPLIES 3
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi @Rodrigotru, do you see data from all sheets after the dynamic input tool? If so, there is no issue reading the data. I am not sure what you are doing that it is gliching the output. It seems that it is just missing the full path for the output file. Try clicking on the arrow and selecting the file type then the location you want to save it. It should ask for the sheet name as well. 

Rodrigotru
5 - Atom

@gabrielvilella I have gone through the process of configuring the Output tool such that I selected the folder and file name for the output file. The glitch occurs after doing those steps. 

And yes, when I check the data stream I see the data from all sheets after the dynamic input tool.

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

If you have any special characthers on the field name or sheet name, try removing those. Try or a folder like Downloads. Or maybe try deleting the tool e placing a new one. If you keep having trouble with this, please contact Alteryx support.

Labels