Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to Display Values with a Thousandths Comma in the Interactive Chart Tool?

NathanOch
8 - Asteroid

Hello all,
I currently have some data that I am displaying in a grouped bar chart in the interactive chart tool. I was to make the bar values present for the user, but the values only come in as large numbers. In the data, I was able to have them displayed with the comma for thousands (80,000,000 v. 80000000), but the interactive chart only displays the later...the 80000000. Is there way to manipulate the tool (or the workflow) to display the 80,000,000 in the interactive chart?

NathanOch_0-1629926753228.png

Thank you!
Nate

4 REPLIES 4
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @NathanOch ,

You will have to create a string field before your interactive chart tool that will contain the values from the Total column as a string data type including thousand separators. I called mine [Total formatted].

You might want to add a new interactive chart tool in your workflow and reconfigure it as sometimes changes don't update properly. Select your type of chart and your X and Y axes.

Then before you select to split by Period (Current, August, September) in your interactive chart tool, go on to the Layer tab and select to use the string field you have created as test

AngelosPachis_1-1629969143923.png

Then if you split your chart based on the period, you should see the values to display with the thousand separators.

AngelosPachis_0-1629969080901.png

Best,

Angelos

NathanOch
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the suggestion, Angelos! I will definitely give it a try and report back. I wasn't too sure if I could do exactly what you are describing above with a string field, but your confirmation is great. Thanks again for the quick response!

Nate

NathanOch
8 - Asteroid

Angelos,

Looks like I succeeded! Thank you again for the suggestion, the help is much appreciated.

NathanOch_0-1630329664768.png

NathanOch
8 - Asteroid

Quick follow-up for future Alteryx users...

You can concatenate the new string field to include a '$' symbol as well by using this function:

'$' + ToString([_field_],0,16)

Labels