Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to Create an Avery type template

txjohnnypops79
8 - Asteroid

Hello Team:

Can someone shed some light on how to create a similar type layout like the avery labels, for example the avery 8160?

I have a QR code generator and all i need is the layout and also able to have the Item and description below with the barcode in the middle.

Sample attached.

Barcodes 8160.png

8 REPLIES 8
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @txjohnnypops79 

It's possible. Refer to this weekly challenge.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-99-SANTALYTICS-2017-Part-3/td-p/104120

This was made in Alteryx

atcodedog05_0-1648141293156.jpeg

Hope this helps : )

txjohnnypops79
8 - Asteroid

Interesting.. I will take a look but this looks scary! LOL

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @txjohnnypops79 

I wouldn't deny that 😅. A suggestion would be to look at people's solutions, pick up the one which looks easiest and try to understand it. That will much better help you.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @txjohnnypops79 

From looking at your current workflow it looks like the part you're missing is the Overlay tool. 

danilang_1-1648303722588.png

Start with a Report Text that has the descriptions and the two images.  Get these all in the same record and use an Overlay tool to add the QR to the top left and the Part image to top middle while using the text as the base field. 

danilang_0-1648303673141.png

danilang_2-1648303796444.png

Once you get all the labels built in single column use a RecordID and a Formula tool to mark the even and odd rows using the Mod function.  Filter out the even and odds and then join the two on record position.  This will give you multiple rows with two columns. Use a horizontal layout tool to get the rows and then render.  You'll have to play with the column size options to get them to match with the labels. 

Dan 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

@danilang has gone the extra mile and explained to you in detail in an easier way 🙂

I also got to learn how to explain problems in an easier way 😀. Thank you @danilang 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @txjohnnypops79 

Extending on @danilang solution. Here is another way you can reach to expected output in the table format.

I am generating 8 rows (duplicates to be used as dummy data) in your scenario it will be 8+ rows of actual data

atcodedog05_0-1648305139370.png

After overlay tool use make columns to organize data into 2 columns. Make columns tool organizes rows into a table with n columns. Refer below

atcodedog05_2-1648305315687.png

After that use table tool to merge it into a single report object. Since we don't need header uncheck show headers in the table tool. And customize table as required.

atcodedog05_3-1648305483940.png

Use render tool to render it to an output and Viola you get an output like below.

atcodedog05_4-1648305581298.png

Major credit goes to @danilang for solving and explaining most parts of the problem. I have just added the finishing touches 🙂. And I had learnt how to solve this from the mentioned weekly challenge only😅.

txjohnnypops79
8 - Asteroid

Well I be darned, I am super impressed!! WOWZERS!

Thanks @danilang  and @atcodedog05 

I want to thank you all for shedding some light and extending my knowledge!😃

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @txjohnnypops79 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels