Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to Convert Minutes

Belletmns
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I would like to convert Minutes into this format.

MinutesConversion
0:010.017
2:272.450

Formula in excel is 1minute/60minutes= 0.017

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Belletmns ,

There is no direct formula to calculate this conversion automatically. Here is my suggestion.

fmvizcaino_0-1599827232372.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

bhrmitra
10 - Fireball

Hi 

You can just use a formula tool and get the desired results. Please refer to the screenshot below.

1.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct and also hit the like button, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Thanks,

Abhra Mitra

Belletmns
8 - Asteroid

Hi bhrmitra,

How about if data becomes 2:00 for example? the result becomes 0. What additional formula should I add?

Thanks

bhrmitra
10 - Fireball

Hi 

If you see my previously attached solution, 2:00 is giving 2 which should be the expected output. Check if you have data 2.00 instead of 2:00 which will actually give you zero as there is no date conversion happening.

Below screenshot shows you different scenarios:-

2.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct and also hit the like button for other to find solutions to similar problems.

Thanks,

Abhra

Labels