Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to Combine Rows Based on Criteria

peyton-louden
7 - Meteor

Hi all, 

I have a dataset that  I'm trying to blend to combine rows based on a certain criteria that I've identified. The following screenshot shows what my data looks like: 

peytonlouden_0-1662650538490.png

Basically, if two rows have the same KEY then the rows need to be "combined" by putting the SKU Numbers in the same record. For example, lines 3 and 4 having matching SKU Numbers. To combine them, row four would be deleted and the SKU Number on row three would read like "91100, 91200" to reflect the combination. 

Below is a screenshot of the desired result:

peytonlouden_1-1662650703216.png

Seems like an easy task but having trouble wrapping my head around it so any assistance would be appreciated it. 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @peyton-louden 

I think this is what you're looking for: Change the SKU Number to a string, group by all fields except for SKU Number which you need to concatenate:

DavidSkaife_0-1662654977563.png

Edit: this does assume all your other fields are identical as well, not just the Key field

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

Hi @peyton-louden ,

Find attached the way to do that.

Emmanuel_G_0-1662655906117.png

peyton-louden
7 - Meteor

This was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Labels