Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to Change Error Message when no Incoming Connection is Available

Mstead
8 - Asteroid

I have created a macro and would like to change the error message that shows if no incoming connection is available yet. Currently, it shows "[Name of Tool missing incoming connection]: Missing Incoming Connection". Is there any way I can change this error so that it says "No Incoming Connection Available" or something along those lines?
Incoming Error.JPG
Thanks,

Michael

3 REPLIES 3
WayneWooldridge
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Mstead!

If I understand your situation correctly, you may find the following Community article helpful: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/CS-Macro-Dev-Conditional-Processing-with-Det....

However, when you get to the 'Bypass if NULL' process, you can add a Message tool to create the error message you want.

Conditional Processing Batch Macro.png

Mstead
8 - Asteroid

Hi Wayne, Thank you for your help!

Your link helped me actually come up with a simple and elegant solution that takes a bit of a different direciton. Instead of using the detour methodology, I was able to add a list box and error message tool to have the error show up as I expected. See below:

Column Testing.JPG

No Columns Selected.JPG

WayneWooldridge
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Nice work @Mstead!  Glad I could at least provide some direction.

Labels