Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

How to Building Prediction model

whiran
8 - Asteroid

ABC Cookies is a well-known cookie company having distribution all part of the country. They have 20 territories and each territory is having more than 2 towns. Some products issue  as bonus quantity without invoice quantity. Customers could return goods if they not satisfy with the product. At that time, they have to return both invoiced and bonus quantity that they have received.     The company used to store most of the records of the invoice and return notes.  In the data base they have stored following information on movement of quantities. They want to predict the quantity for each town for certain period with minimum of 80% accuracy.

Column

Description

Ter_Code

There are more than 20 territories but here we consider only one territory

Town_Code

Each territory has 2 or more towns

St_Ter

Stock territory is each stock code pertaining to each territory

Cus_Order_Ref

Each customer can place many orders

Order_num

Every order has unique order number

Inv_Date

Date of invoice

Ret_Code

Retailer code used to track retailer details

ExecutiveCode

In charger code

Prod_Code

Product cod is unique for each product

Prod_SK

Product SK

Inv_Qty

Total quantity

Bonus_Qty

Bonus quantity

Ret_Qty

Return quantity

Ret_Bonus_Qty

Return Bonus quantity

Training dataset consist of data 2018/2019 and validating data consist only 2020 data. We should be couscous when validate data for certain period. I suggest to take Jan – Feb data for validation as we had to face global pandemic period thereafter.

Please check how Alteryx help to  achieve this as It's more towards ML based model.

12 REPLIES 12
grazitti_sapna
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @whiran 

I tried to make one target variable with the help of the given features and then tried to predict the quantity. Please see the attached workflow and let me know your thoughts.

Sapna Gupta
whiran
8 - Asteroid

@grazitti_sapna 

You have made good effort to give a solution. But , I couldn't find a comparison over test vs prediction. 

grazitti_sapna
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @whiran 

Please find the updated workflow with Model Comparison and score.

Sapna Gupta
Labels