Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How not to take the first line as a header and add one

rafatomillero
7 - Meteor

So, Alteryx is reading the first line as a header and all I want is to use a different header so columns I and J are 

CurrencyFX rate
EUR/USD1
EUR/GBP 

rafatomillero_0-1662644992958.png

8 REPLIES 8
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @rafatomillero,

The input data tool has a configuration option here to import the first line as data not a header:

IraWatt_0-1662645364893.png

Then you can use a Select tool to rename your column to what you like.

Any questions or issues please ask

Ira Watt
Technical Consultant
Watt@Bulien.com 

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

In the Input Data tool, check the box for First Row Contains Data.

You'll get field names like F1,F2,F3

Chris

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hello @rafatomillero , Here is my solution to your problem. You can check the box next to First row contains data and then use select tool to rename the fields to the names you wish to. Here are the details to achieve the expected output.

grazitti_sapna_0-1662648853384.png

grazitti_sapna_1-1662648879128.png

Please do accept my solution if it works for you.

Thanks!!

Sapna Gupta
rafatomillero
7 - Meteor

Hi @IraWatt , @grazitti_sapna , @ChrisTX , is there another way of doing this by using the Directory tool instead?

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@rafatomillero the directory tool does not input files into a workflow. You can however use the directory tool with a dynamic input tool to do the same thing and import multiple files and not taking the first data point as a header:

IraWatt_0-1662651349446.png

rafatomillero
7 - Meteor

@IraWatt thanks for your reply, however, the file name in the folder will change but it will always contain some set of characters. For example, the file this month is called RT Sales 08, but the next month it will be RT Sales 09. How do I achieve this without having to modify Alteryx every time the file name is changed?

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@rafatomillero the directory tool checks the folder location and can filter on the most recent file then send that to the dynamic input tool. Its straight forward to set up just check this blog How to input multiple files at once in Alteryx – Alteryx Guru

How can i make the opposite of this solution, Because I want to get the month name from file and input that into text tool so that it can say it as "selected month is [column:A]." --> which is look like if the file has jan it will say it as "selected month is Jan." and so on....  

Alteryx question.png

The file is from google sheet where i can't use the input tool in this case, I want to convert Nov'23 to F2 so that the select operation works even if the user select any month. basically convert Staffid to F1 and Nov'23 to F2 and so on..  

Labels