Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How do you include the version number in the Accept header Rest API get request?

getcodin18
6 - Meteoroid

I am making a get request to a Rest API.  Right now I just have a text input, download tool and a browse tool to verify that I can successfully connect to the endpoint and return data.  Data is being returned, but I am also receiving a warning that I need to include the version number in the Accept header to maintain compatibility when the API is updated.  The warning also had this example, "Accept: application/json; version=1".  How do you include the version number in the Accept header for a get request in Alteryx?  I tried making a version column in the text input tool and selecting the column for inclusion in the Download tool header tab and I am still getting the warning.

2 REPLIES 2
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You can put headers in the header tab:

2018-12-03_19-32-50.png

This should let you send whatever extra headers you need.

getcodin18
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you.

Labels