Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How do you export a number field into excel without the commas

jdelaguila
8 - Asteroid

Alteryx Community,

I have a zipcode field that I need to export into excel as a numeric field, however Alteryx is adding in the commas into the number field.

Is there a way to export a field out into a .xlsx file as number field - WITHOUT the commas?

I attached a workflow to show you whats happening.

Thanks again for all the help.

Javier

6 REPLIES 6
ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @jdelaguila ,

What about the numbers with the dash in between?

phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @jdelaguila,

Are you using the reporting tools to create the spreadsheet or are you using an output tool?

jdelaguila
8 - Asteroid

I don't need the dashes actually - i figured i could get rid of that using the cleansing tool. I'll be keeping the first 5 digits of the zipcode only. 

So i would love to export out the zipcode '22310' as a number instead of '22,310'

jdelaguila
8 - Asteroid

Right now i'm using an output tool - but would be okay using the reporting tool if that would fix the problem. 

phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I actually don't have the issue with the normal output tool. Here is what my output looks like using the attached workflow. Can you show what yours looks like?

zip.PNG

jdelaguila
8 - Asteroid

Well thats interesting. So in Alteryx it shows up like this:

jdelaguila_0-1613762488189.png

But then it exports out like this:

jdelaguila_1-1613762528332.png

I was assuming my last select tool view was what was going to export - but looking at it in Excel it all looks good. At the end of the day it works. Thanks for the quick response once again! 

Javier

Labels