Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How do you export a number field into excel without the commas

jdelaguila
8 - Asteroid

Alteryx Community,

I have a zipcode field that I need to export into excel as a numeric field, however Alteryx is adding in the commas into the number field.

Is there a way to export a field out into a .xlsx file as number field - WITHOUT the commas?

I attached a workflow to show you whats happening.

Thanks again for all the help.

Javier

6 REPLIES 6
ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @jdelaguila ,

What about the numbers with the dash in between?

phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @jdelaguila,

Are you using the reporting tools to create the spreadsheet or are you using an output tool?

jdelaguila
8 - Asteroid

I don't need the dashes actually - i figured i could get rid of that using the cleansing tool. I'll be keeping the first 5 digits of the zipcode only. 

So i would love to export out the zipcode '22310' as a number instead of '22,310'

jdelaguila
8 - Asteroid

Right now i'm using an output tool - but would be okay using the reporting tool if that would fix the problem. 

phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I actually don't have the issue with the normal output tool. Here is what my output looks like using the attached workflow. Can you show what yours looks like?

zip.PNG

jdelaguila
8 - Asteroid

Well thats interesting. So in Alteryx it shows up like this:

jdelaguila_0-1613762488189.png

But then it exports out like this:

jdelaguila_1-1613762528332.png

I was assuming my last select tool view was what was going to export - but looking at it in Excel it all looks good. At the end of the day it works. Thanks for the quick response once again! 

Javier

Labels