Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How do you exclude a value based on result name?

Dom
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I need to exclude a few values based on the value name. I'm assuming that I would use the filter tool.

7 REPLIES 7
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Did you try something like:

[Field_1] IN ('Black', 'White')

Within your FILTER tool?

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Dom
8 - Asteroid

I used this in my filter tool but the export file only include these result values. I want these 3 result values excluded on the output file.

[AnalyteName] IN ('Feet', 'Inches', 'Blood Pressure')

RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You can either use the "NOT IN" function, or just pull the data from the False side of the Filter tool.

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

If you are trying to exclude, you could either connect to the FALSE connector or change your formula to:

[AnalyteName]  NOT IN ('Feet', 'Inches', 'Blood Pressure')

Dom
8 - Asteroid

How would you use this filter with a concat_value?

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

If you have a concat field created, then you might use a filter and the CONTAINS function.

CONTAINS([AnalyteName],'Feet')

||

CONTAINS([AnalyteName], 'Inches')

||

CONTAINS([AnalyteName], 'Blood Pressure')

I would suggest the use of a FIND & REPLACE tool instead.  If your list of terms is flexible, this solution would allow you the ability to maintain the list outside of the workflow.  The lookup is very fast and you can add the found term to the record if you wanted to know which term (single) that you matched on.  You could filter after the lookup on the "Appended" field being null (no match).  

Thanks,

Mark

Dom
8 - Asteroid

I just added a filter with the expression  [AnalyteName] IN ('Feet', 'Inches', 'Blood Pressure') connecting from false right before my concat_value; that worked. Thank you.

Labels