Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How do I view an analytic app's results in the gallery?

john_watkins
11 - Bolide

I hope this is a very basic question and my lack of use of analytic apps and the gallery.   In my example, if I run an application from the gallery, give it two dates (start/end),  and the result shows me a list of dates within that range with counts.  How do you view that output on the workflow results window without emailing yourself or generating a file or whatever.  I just want to see the simple output as a result of a successful run.  I would assume it would show a simple HTML output.

The only thing I've ever had show up was:

This workflow produced no output.

3 REPLIES 3
NikyN
9 - Comet

Hello @john_watkins,

I would go with Render Tool:

1) select Output Mode: Choose a specific Output File but DO NOT specified the path, only FileName and extension

2) in the Application (Interface tab), you will need to ticket that On Success - Show Results to user and select tool from previous step

NikyN_0-1645133179218.pngNikyN_1-1645133199180.png

Also you can read more here https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Discussions/Show-data-after-running-analytic-app-in-...

Best Luck!

Niky

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @john_watkins 

Adding to @NikyN's tip, you can also use .pcxml extension (which gives you the pretty html output format), or a simple .yxdb extension with an Output tool. That will also produce an output.

The Browse tool is useless in the Alteryx Server, so you need to work with Output/Render tools to produce outputs in the Gallery.

Cheers,

john_watkins
11 - Bolide

Thanks @NikyN and @Thableaus !!!   I was very close, but both of those solutions work.    There seems to be no way to select an output of pcxml by going through the tool so I guess you just have to know to make up a file name and use that .pcxml or whatever extension.  Almost everything I've done to date is a database load so I'm trying to come up the curve on the application side of the gallery.

Labels