Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How do I update the input files automatically in an weekly scheduled analytic app

mohitmundada
5 - Atom

Hi community,

I am new at Alteryx. I have built an analytic app which I plan to run on weekly schedule on the gallery. The input data is sourced from excel files. However, these excel files which are to be used as input are updated every week. Currently I have used File browse interface tool to update the excel files. Is there any way in which this exercise can be automated like for ex: the file browse tool automatically picks up the excel file from a specific location on the computer??

Thanks.

Regards.

1 REPLY 1
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@mohitmundada 

I'd probably use a combination of the Directory tool and Dynamic input as described in the option no 2 here and build a logic to pick up the latest file. This way the File Browse is not required.

Also, when running on the Gallery, please make sure that the directory is referenced using the UNC path and is accessible from the server.

Labels