Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How do I show workflow data in Text Box interface

Tbrown9
5 - Atom

I am trying to prompt the user to enter data that will be used later in the workflow based upon a summary of several data cells available in the workflow.  The answers I'm looking for require that the user be shown the summary in order to make the best decision.  How do I add the summary data to the interface?  Right now I'm only seeing ways to ask questions using text boxes which do not let me give enough clarity for the user to properly input their response. A

I think I'm asking how do I generate a form like in MS Access or at least fill out table columns with the data I need from the user. But Alteryx Interface tools and Macros have always been a mystery to me. I don't know how have the responses linked to a given record using the interface tools

Essentially I'm looking for something like below:

The Next Steps needs to be free text as there is no good way of knowing ahead of time what the issue will be.

The Assigned Personnel I think I can easily get away with a Pull-down showing available personnel but that's the fancy stuff I can save for later. 

FROM WORKFLOW                                        USER INPUT                                      USER INPUT

Report#            Summary                                 Next Steps                                           Assigned Personnel 

Record1            Broken Axle                           Re-weld                                                 Manufacturing

Record2            Leaking Seal                          Add back-up ring                                   Service Technician

Record3            Control Panel blank               Re-solder power connection                  Micro-miniature
Record4            Missing Parts                         Check sales order and ship part            Customer Service

2 REPLIES 2
JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

Hi @Tbrown9,

This may be possible using some of the HTML widgets offered by R. I wrote a short knowledge base post about this once upon a time:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Gathering-User-Input-Row-by-Row-Using-R/ta-p...

That may be getting a bot old, but might be an idea to start with.

Hope that helps, get you started anyway.

- John

Tbrown9
5 - Atom

Time to start learning R.  :).  Just another of the coding languages I've had to learn in this data analysis journey.

Thank you

Labels