Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How do I setup a workflow with an Event (Python script) that will be scheduled?

bkimup
7 - Meteor

I have a workflow that has an Event set to run at the beginning before any tools are executed. The workflow runs fine without any errors if I click 'Run' within Alteryx Designer.

But when I schedule the workflow (I have Alteryx Desktop with the scheduler add-on), the output logs an error of:

Designer x64 Error running Event #1: The external program "python" returned an error code: 1: The system cannot find the file specified. (2)

I'm suspecting that it might be because of path names of the Python script that I'm running. The workflow was scheduled under the option "Run the workflow from its original location on disk" so I thought that would be fine, but I guess not.

How do I setup the event or entire workflow to run with the Python command under a schedule?

2 REPLIES 2
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hm, it sounds like it's not recognizing the location of the script for some reason. Are there any other logs that show with this?

Can you try the other option - run a copy of the workflow stored in the Scheduler DB? This will make a copy of the workflow and related scripts.

bkimup
7 - Meteor

I'm pretty sure the attached file contains logs for the time period when my workflow was scheduled to run. I don't see anything out of the ordinary in it.

I also tried setting a schedule from its original location on disk but got the same results as before.

Any other ideas?

Labels