Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How do I set day of the week to a Saturday

HB_96
5 - Atom

In line with my organisation's start of the week, I want to start it from a Saturday. I've looked at the %w which has 0 as Sunday. Is anyone able to help me understand how I can start day of the week as Saturday? Very new to Alteryx. TIA

I have date: day_dt= DateTimeAdd([start_date],[RowCount]-1,'days') which starts 2018-01-01

day_name= DateTimeFormat([day_dt],"%A")

I then did the w% calculation= tonumber(datetimeformat([day_dt], '%w')) which brings back Sunday as 0. But our week starts on a Saturday.

6 REPLIES 6
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Can you share some data to put this into more context?

HB_96
5 - Atom

Tried to add a couple of bits into the original post - is that helpful?

BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

@HB_96 

check this: https://help.alteryx.com/20223/designer/datetime-functions 

BS_THE_ANALYST_0-1679404804586.png

If your date isn't the the ISO format YYYY-MM-DD, it won't be recognised in Alteryx as a date datatype, i.e.
convert it using datetime tool as a first step (if you need to do this part):

BS_THE_ANALYST_1-1679404944816.png

Then after this, you can use the formula tool to access the weekday name:

BS_THE_ANALYST_2-1679404999800.png

You can then do something like this using the SWITCH function in the formula tool:

BS_THE_ANALYST_3-1679405195637.png

This allows you to map different numbers to the days of the week.

There's probably other ways to do this of course! 😁

HB_96
5 - Atom

Thank you! This worked :)

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

Do you want something like this?

Mod(ToNumber(DateTimeFormat([Date],"%w"))+1,7)

Christina_H_0-1679405766836.png

AlexanderVM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@HB_96 

Sharing similar info to what some of the comments here have. The workflow will allow you to set your: Start Week number and also allow you to adjust your Day # of the Week.

Start Your Week on Your favorite Day is created in relation to setting (Week Start Day, Week Start Number, Day of Week Start)

AlexanderVM_0-1679421126158.png

Labels