Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How do I resolve embedded lines and truncated characters issues?

SylviaK
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

I used the Input tool to upload the attached data. However, I get an error message saying embedded lines and truncated characters. How do I resolve that? I want to see all words, so I can in a next step do a key word search. 

Many thanks, 

Sylvia

3 REPLIES 3
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@SylviaK,

It's not an error message it's just saying that's truncated cell because you display more then 256 characters,the display cell:

messi007_0-1613469105070.png

However if you use a browse tool you will be able the see the full data

messi007_1-1613469203333.png

You can use search to search for key words.

Hope this helps,

Regards

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @SylviaK,

I didn't receive an error message preventing the workflow to run, but indeed you get a message that there are embedded newlines and truncated characters.

What you can do is use a Text to columns tool to split to new rows every time a new line appears (\n stands for new line)

AngelosPachis_0-1613469625670.png

Then you can add a data cleansing tool to remove leading/trailing whitespaces, and your data will be in a cleaner format to do the key word search.

Hope that helps,

Angelos

SylviaK
8 - Asteroid

Many thanks @AngelosPachis 

Labels