Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How do I "transpose" Crownpeak xls download for Tableau?

HelenL
8 - Asteroid

I want to create a time series in Tableau.  

The download .xls has

Rows: Quality checkpoints

Columns: Months

In Excel I would use Copy and then Paste Special to transpose.  See sheet "DESIRED FORMAT" that I created this way. How do I build the workflow for this in Alteryx?

(I use the Transpose tool in workflows to reshape survey data for Tableau. So "transpose" seems to have different meanings.)

I also need to remove a row of NULL values.

I have attached a .yxmd file. I wanted to save as a packaged file but I don't see the option under "File" or as file type when I "Save as". https://help.alteryx.com/9.5/index.htm#ModulePackager.htm#Export_Workflow_Package

Helen 

10 REPLIES 10
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@HelenL Sorry for the delayed response. If you haven't quite solved it yet, how about something like this: 

Regex_replace(replace([FileName],"Company.com_-_",""),"_error.*","") 

The replace will take care of the company.com at the beginning, and then I've changed the regex_replace to find the word error and then all the other stuff that doesn't matter.

Hope that helps!

Labels