Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How do I input more than 1 sheet from a file without the intention to combine it?

Kentwang59
7 - Meteor

Let's say I have a file that has 2 sheets (Letter and Numbers) and my goal is to run a find and replace for those against those two sheets. Is there another way to input data without having the need to add two Input Data for the same file on the 2 sheets?

4 REPLIES 4
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Kentwang59,

If the data is in the same format you could be able to use the directory tool in order to load all the data at once but they will be in the same table (you would automatically union them).

Can you tell me why you are exploring different option than using 2 input tools? 

Kentwang59
7 - Meteor

Thank you for responding! They are not the same format. I was more so giving a simple example to illustrate. I have an excel file that has 10+ sheets and I want to see if there's a more efficient way to pull the data in from multiple sheets within the same file so I can perform analysis. 

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi,

You can use the directory tool in order to load may sheet at once.

This article should be helpful. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/The-Ultimate-Input-Data-Flowchart/t...

It looks like you would use the filter tool to load only a specific sheet at a time. 

Kentwang59
7 - Meteor

@Emil_Kos Thank you so much for the resource. This is very helpful!

Labels