Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How do I include a table in the body of my email (gmail)?

abartoszek
7 - Meteor

Hi there! I am trying to add a table to the body of my email, but it looks like the gmail tool (or gmail itself) isn't interpreting it as a table. I'm using the Table and Report tools, and then the Gmail tool from Inviso Macros.  What am I doing wrong? (I removed some names from the data below, but there's enough to get the idea.) Thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 15.51.56.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-11 at 15.52.25.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-11 at 15.52.39.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-11 at 15.54.38.png

5 REPLIES 5
ZacharyM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey @abartoszek!

In reviewing the documentation I could find about this Inviso macro, I didn't find anything that overtly indicates that this tool will allow you to insert tables, etc. into a gmail email.

As such, I am downloading and digging into this, but wanted to acknowledge right off the bat that it might not be an error, rather the tool might be functioning as designed.

@michele - can you chime in on this? Grabbing you since you posted the thread with the Inviso tool HERE

Thanks!

Zak

abartoszek
7 - Meteor

Hi @ZacharyM,

Yeah, I had considered that too, but I'm hoping it's not true.  ^_^

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Adam B.

Yuk_Sha
6 - Meteoroid

hi 

Any solution for this one? I have the same requirement.

krhavis
5 - Atom

I was able to get this to work by choosing to "Attach text to existing field" and putting it above the table. 

You don't get the ability to put text around the table that way, but you are able to use the Report Text in conjunction with the Table. 

ijeesang
5 - Atom

Hi, This is not an error or your fault.  You can simply solve this issue by using Layout function (or Visual Layout). Use Layout and put a text and table vertically or however you would like to format and use the output layout as body. 

Labels