Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How do I get Logged IN User details Workflow in Gallery

Swetavora
5 - Atom

Hi Everyone,

I want to know How do I get Logged IN User details who is running the  Workflow in Gallery?

I need to know as soon as possible.

Thanks in Advance!

7 REPLIES 7
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Swetavora 

See this thread. In short, use a text box and name it '__cloud:UserId'. This passes the ID which you can then bounce against the gallery's mongoDB to get the username, email ,etc. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Get-username-Cloud-not-working/td-p/51...

Swetavora
5 - Atom

Thanks @Luke_C Luke for the prompt reply ,It worked.😊

Alteryx_AR
12 - Quasar

@Swetavora  You checkout this link - Alteryx Community

Alteryx_AR
12 - Quasar

@Swetavora Thanks for accepting as solution.

anuninan07
7 - Meteor

Hi @Luke_C 

Can you please let me know from where exactly I can retrieve the MongoDB Server details to fill the MongoDB input tool. 

URL - 

Database Name - 

Collection Name - 

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @anuninan07 

You'd need to work with your server's admin to get that information. Recently I've gone away from the mongoDB input tool and instead use the gallery APIs. With this I can get a list of users from the API and then join to the __cloud:UserId to get who is running the workflow.

anuninan07
7 - Meteor

Hi @Luke_C 

Thanks for the response.

Labels