Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How do I change my cursor back to an Arrow?

RobertCoop
5 - Atom

Hopefully a simple question, but I can't find an on-line answer.

How do I change my cursor back to an arrow pointer?

In Designer, my cursor has changed from an arrow pointer to a diamond shape  of a dot surrounded by 4 triangles forming a rotated square.

• It is only happening in one of my several open workflows. 
  • This new shapes is only on the Designer's canvas, it changes back to the regular pointer on the menu, other parts of the screen and other pc programs.
  • The new shape allows me to move the canvas around, but does not allow me to pick an object.
  • I am running version 11.06.

I assume I selected something by mistake, so how do I deselect this "feature"? 

Thanks,

Robert

7 REPLIES 7
StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Sounds like someone may have put a massive Comment box into the workflow.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Somewhere out there, there is a poor soul who is stuck in the abyss with the stupid cursor problem. We desperately need this answered, as I too am on the edge of oblivion.

Below is the curse(r) that may drive us to madness...

Curder.png

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

That's the shape I get when I click on the scroll wheel of my mouse. It allows you to enter into a "free drag" mode (for lack of a better term). If you click your scroll wheel again you might be able to get out of it.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I was on my laptop which does not have a scroll wheel, which is one of the reasons I felt so lost in the first place.

Treyson Marks
StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Ah, looks like you can trigger it with Fn+S or Fn+C depending on the laptop. Wikipedia: Scroll Lock

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@StephenR you are the best. I have literally restarted workflows because I couldn't figure out what I did.

Treyson Marks
Number4
8 - Asteroid

Just in case this is the only thread someone reads.....here's the solution.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Mouse-Cursor-Issue/td-p/34614

Labels