Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How do I change my cursor back to an Arrow?

RobertCoop
5 - Atom

Hopefully a simple question, but I can't find an on-line answer.

How do I change my cursor back to an arrow pointer?

In Designer, my cursor has changed from an arrow pointer to a diamond shape  of a dot surrounded by 4 triangles forming a rotated square.

• It is only happening in one of my several open workflows. 
  • This new shapes is only on the Designer's canvas, it changes back to the regular pointer on the menu, other parts of the screen and other pc programs.
  • The new shape allows me to move the canvas around, but does not allow me to pick an object.
  • I am running version 11.06.

I assume I selected something by mistake, so how do I deselect this "feature"? 

Thanks,

Robert

7 REPLIES 7
StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Sounds like someone may have put a massive Comment box into the workflow.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Somewhere out there, there is a poor soul who is stuck in the abyss with the stupid cursor problem. We desperately need this answered, as I too am on the edge of oblivion.

Below is the curse(r) that may drive us to madness...

Curder.png

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

That's the shape I get when I click on the scroll wheel of my mouse. It allows you to enter into a "free drag" mode (for lack of a better term). If you click your scroll wheel again you might be able to get out of it.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I was on my laptop which does not have a scroll wheel, which is one of the reasons I felt so lost in the first place.

Treyson Marks
StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Ah, looks like you can trigger it with Fn+S or Fn+C depending on the laptop. Wikipedia: Scroll Lock

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@StephenR you are the best. I have literally restarted workflows because I couldn't figure out what I did.

Treyson Marks
Number4
8 - Asteroid

Just in case this is the only thread someone reads.....here's the solution.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Mouse-Cursor-Issue/td-p/34614

Labels