Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How do I add a "filler" field with specific number of blank spaces?

Carl_in_CT
7 - Meteor

Well, this is my second question now that my first one was answered so quickly and wonderfully!

Now I have to add two blank "filler" fields that both have to be specific lengths for export to a text file via notepad (to be uploaded to a payroll system).

The first one has to be 4 blank spaces in length and the second one has to be 27.  I can't seem to add a field without something in it.  I tried "    " and "                           " but the quotes are showing up in the output as shown below

A,"    ",20181201,20181231,TRN,000000000175.50,"                           ",MP00

2 REPLIES 2
Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

This is a function of the Output Data tool, and can be changed.

If you change setting 5 in the Output Data tool from "Auto" to "Never" it will no longer quote your fields.

claje_outputquotes.PNG

Carl_in_CT
7 - Meteor

Well that was easy!  I was fiddling around with other stuff, never thought to look for something that simple.  I even googled it many times and never saw that!  Thank you!

Labels