Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How create the change turn with alteryx ?

Andrea92
7 - Meteor

Hi all, 

I've created manually with excel a simulation of change turn. In the table TK indicate the 
change of means of transport. How can I replicate the same view with Alteryx please?

Note that the part underlined doesn't exist, but that's what I want to get. 

Is there someone that can help me please ? 

Thanks a lot.

Andrea

8 REPLIES 8
Andrea92
7 - Meteor

Any suggestion please ?

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Andrea92,

Which columns are you trying to recreate? And what would be an example of one of the identifiers?

Regards,

Jonathan

Andrea92
7 - Meteor

From TK1 to TK9. For the first means of transport ( TK1) you have three rotation in 27/October.  The first rotation is at 00.05The second rotation of TK1 is possible when the means of transport come back to destination, so in this case at 11:35. Indeed you cant' use it before 10:20 and finally there is the last rotation. 

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I think I understand. You are scheduling some kind of transportation. Transport 1 leaves station A at 12:05AM, travels to T and returns at 10:20. It is then available for the next run which leaves at 11:35. In the meantime six other vehicles leave on other runs. I built the attached workflow that calculates this using an iterative macro but I'm getting slightly different results. You have vehicle 2 leaving on a run at Row 8 that returns at 14:40, but you have it going out again at 12:30. If I understand the problem correctly, it is leaving on another run before it has returned. Please let me know if I'm missing something.

EDIT: By the way, if you want to allow for loading/unloading time between runs, you can change "0" in the first Multi-Row Formula tool in the macro to a number that represents the number of minutes for the layover. For example,

IF IsNull([Row-1:LatestArrival]) OR DateTimeDiff([Dept Time],[Row-1:LatestArrival],"minutes") > 20
THEN [Arvl Time2]
ELSE [Row-1:LatestArrival]
ENDIF

would allow for a 20 minute layover before the next run.

Andrea92
7 - Meteor

Thanks a lot for your support Tony. It's very helpful.

Please could you let me know there is a limit with the input macro because I have a file with 2096 row and the input macro text support max 1000 cell.

Andrea 

Andrea92
7 - Meteor

Capture1.PNG

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Interesting. I just built a data set with 2600 rows and it ran with no problem. I've attached a slightly modified workflow (to fix a sort order problem) and included the larger data set. How many transports do you have?

Andrea92
7 - Meteor

Done. Thanks a lot. 

Labels