Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How copy final xlsx to other directory

a-prospero
6 - Meteoroid

Hi everyone, I need help.
I try to copy the final result of the workflow (xlsx) saved in "C:\user",  to another directory ("d:\results").
I try to use "Run Command", but my user does not have an administrator access and does not work with ".bat" files.
Is there any option or component to make the copy at the end of my workflow?
Thank you all.

Anderson Prospero

7 REPLIES 7
estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @a-prospero 

You can set up the Output Data tool to write an excel file to anywhere that you have access. And you can have multiple Output Data tools writing multiple files at the same time.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Esther

a-prospero
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @EstherB47.

I have a "workflow" that saves several times, in several "sheets" of an output file xlsx. My need is to save this xlsx file at the end of execution in a network directory, for performance reasons. So, at the end of the execution I want the file saved in "C: \ user" to be copied whole to "D: \ results".
I tried to use the "Run Command" but I can not execute ".bat" files.
Now with more details maybe it will be easier to help me, lol.

Thanks a lot.

AProspero

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

What does it mean you can't execute .bat files? Whats the error output?

On the other hand if you don't have access to the specific route you are giving you won't be able to save the file there.

a-prospero
6 - Meteoroid

I do not run "bat" because my user is not admin.
I saved the xlsx file on the workstation for higher performance. On the network the performance is very slow. This is why I need to execute all workflow saving the sheets to the workstation and at the end of the workflow execution, copy the entire file to the network. I need to know how to do this with some component.

a-prospero
6 - Meteoroid

Amazing. I solved the problem using the R component including the commands:

flist <- list.files ("C: / Development /", "^ archive.xlsm $", full.names = TRUE)
file.copy (flist, "Y: / SIAN /")

I include the Block Component to condition the execution of the R after the end of execution

Thanks for everyone.

\0/

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@a-prospero Excellent!! Sometimes just posting the question helps you come to an answer on your own.

Cheers!

Esther

a-prospero
6 - Meteoroid

Exactly.
So now I have another problem. How to replace the path in "hard code" with a user variable, in Alteryx?
I declare 3 user variables:
1 >> OUTPUT_DIRECTORY = C: \ Development
2 = FILE_NAME = archive.xlsm
3 = NETWORK_DIRECTORY = Y: \ Results
How to call variables in place of hardcode in module R?

#Code Original (It Works)

flist <- list.files("C:\DEVELOPMENT", "archive.xlsm" full.names = TRUE)
file.copy(flist, "Y:\Results")

#Code Variable (Don't Work)

flist <- list.files([User.output_directory], [USER.file_name], full.names = TRUE)
file.copy(flist, [User.NETWORK_DIRECTORY])

Cheers.

Labels