Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How can we loop through and extract multiple tables and load into a different database?

Stevemcdonald
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I am very new to Alteryx therefore please accept my apologies if this has already been answered, I have not however been able to find anything on this excellent community that gives me the answer or guidance I need.

My question is this:

How can I cycle through a list of table names from a list (say in Excel) which represent the table names within a source database, and subsequently create a corresponding table in a different, target database? I have over 100 tables within the list and is therefore far too cumbersome to create individual inputs for each table.

e.g. I have a list of table names which I need to pull through to a target database (held in excel) - example file attached.

Table1

Table2

Table3

I need to create a corresponding table, with a prefix and suffix attached to each table name ("SRC_" and "_EBS") respectively, within a different target database.

e.g. 

Target Database Corresponding Table Names

SRC_Table1_EBS

SRC_Table2_EBS

SRC_Table3_EBS

Many thanks in advance for any answers and guidance.

Steve

11 REPLIES 11
Doug_Accountant
5 - Atom

Thanks for the info! I actually just built one of these to convert all tables and existing queries to yxdb format. If you want to get all the table and query names from an accdb file quickly you can use the following SQL in a new query:

SELECT MSysObjects.Name AS table_name
FROM MSysObjects
WHERE LvProp IS NOT NULL AND Name <> "MSysDb" AND Name <>"SummaryInfo";
Royal_Jain
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am transferring 850 tables from a MySQL database to a database in Oracle SQL developer. I have created a workflow using In-Database tools and Batch macros. All the schema and sizes of the tables are different. It works for smaller size of tables but with larger tables(5 lakhs+), it gives this error - 

(55) Record #1: Source Extraction: Error SQLExecute: [MySQL][ODBC 8.0(w) Driver][mysqld-8.0.11]Query execution was interrupted, maximum statement execution time exceeded

I need to do this by using Alteryx only, can't reduce the table size, need to transfer all 850 tables, and in  Mysql SESSION MAX_EXECUTION_TIME=0

Need help with this urgently. 
Labels