community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
#SANTALYTICS

The highly anticipated Alteryx Community tradition is back! We hope you'll join us!

Learn More
We will be upgrading the Gallery to our 2019.4 release this Saturday, December 7th beginning at 9:00am MT. We expect the outage to take last approx. 2.5 hours.

How can i view questions in Alteryx app through API call in .Net

Atom

Hello,

My goal is to trigger a Alteryx app using .Net. I followed this link to do what is needed to execute the workflow from .Net code CSharp. I am stuck with below issues

The workflow i am trying to call through API is created and published by a different user (not me). When i make a API call has a regular subscription i cannot see the workflows shared with me being returned. 

So i tried as ADMIN to make the API calls and i can see the Workflow but cannot access the questions associated to that workflow. 

Here are my questions/Issues:

• Can an admin return Question associated to Workflow through API calls? I can't see that call for admin in API-Docs. 
  • As a regular subscriber Why am i not able to pull the workflows shared with me through API call? 

I am pretty new to Alteryx and all this is new to me. Any help is really appreciated. 

Thanks Everyone

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @boyapatm,

The admin API details only apply to those 4 admin calls, not the regular run of gallery apps. They are meant for admin-like functions.

To run a workflow on the gallery at present, you would need the API credentials of the owner of that App.

I note, that this is an area continually being looked at and so if you had some ideas on how to improve it or some fixed use cases, then I advise adding them to the ideas forum.

As well as creating a new idea, you can also vote/comment on others. Some of the related ideas that you may want to add to are:

Kane

Atom

Thank You for your response KaneG

Labels