Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How can a user constant (date field type) can be made dynamic

Ravy12
7 - Meteor

Hello experts,

I have created two workflow user constant, History_Enddate and Forecast_StartDate(shown in attached screenshot).

Logic is as follows: 

History_enddate : Last date of previous month (eg. if workflow is run in month of Feb, this date is 31st Jan 2021)

Forecast_StartDate : First date of current month (eg. if workflow is run in month of Feb, this date is 1st feb 2021)

These two user constant are used in the SQL editor while importing data (input tool) from the system(database).

I have currently hard coded this dates.

How best can these be made dynamic with respect to the run month. 

eg. if workflow is run in month of March,

History_enddate should be last date of previous month --> 28th feb 2021 and Forecast_StartDate should be first date of current month --> 1st March 2021.

Regards, Ravi

2 REPLIES 2
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Ravy12 ,

To get he first date for the current month I would recommend you to use the follwing formula:

DateTimeFirstOfMonth()

For the other one:

DateTimeAdd(DateTimeFirstOfMonth(),-1,'days')

hope it helps

Regards

Ravy12
7 - Meteor

Hi @afv2688 ,

Thanks for your solution, but the expression  works in formula expression editor and not at the user workflow constant. User workflow constant created in step 1, returns Null after using it in the formula expression editor. The expression worked fine in the formula but not the user constant defined in step 1.

The goal was to make the user constant dynamic.

Please find attached workflow and steps used to create the workflow.

Regards, Ravi

Labels