Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How can I use one input to filter another input?

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

My workflow has two (2) data inputs.  Call them Input A and B.

First, I extract (using filters) a list of program IDs from input A.  

How can I, without exporting and re-importing, use the filtered list from Input A to filter Input B?

3 REPLIES 3
neilgallen
12 - Quasar

perhaps I'm missing something here, but if you want to use the output of input A to filter input B, that's a typical join. Everything from your "J" output would be every Input B record that contained the matched value from Input A. in this situation you don't need to actually output any of the fields from input B if all you want to do is filter input B.

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Doh!  Sorry, brain failure. 

Matt_S
7 - Meteor

Same question but without the join. I have a Google Sheets input with dynamic values. I want those values to then be used in the WHERE clause of an SQL query within an Input tool. I could use a join, but the size of the query is very large if I don't restrict it first.

It's almost like using interface tools, but instead of an interface tool, another input tool provides the input.

Labels