Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How can I set same recordID to data based on order of the record?

Tulkas
5 - Atom

I have set of data with some random numbers.

And I need to group them by their order of appearance

For example

input.png

 I need to make above data into like below.

output.png

 like first 7 rows should have recordID 1, next 3 row should have recordID 2 and so on.

I tried to group them but can't find right tools to do so because other datas have nothing in common for grouping.

Is there any tools or formula that I can use to prepare my data?

4 REPLIES 4
ericsundby
Alteryx
Alteryx

I just need a little bit of clarification on what you're trying to accomplish here. When you say you need to group them by their order of appearance, do you mean by their value? So if there were a set of numbers in columns B-C (data1, data2, data3) that ranged from 1-10, do you want instances of the same value across columns B-C to be grouped? Instead of denoting the values as "random num" in the example data, it might be easier for me to fully understand the requirements if you replaced them with real values. 

sparksun
11 - Bolide

If your data is small,you can use this solution.

sparksun_0-1657772962678.png

sparksun_1-1657772992214.png

Tulkas
5 - Atom

I have two set of data.

One is data header made of 8 rows which has datas such as date of record, and has number of records that each data header contains.

Other set of data is bunch of data that needs to be sorted into data header.

My goal is to seperate second dataset into 8 groups by record numbers and join it with first dataset.

First 3045 data of dataset 2 should go to data header number 1, and next 578 datas should go to deta header number 2 and so on.

I'm sorry I can't upload original data because it contains some personal datas

first dataset(data header)

Tulkas_0-1657775900154.png

second dataset(actual datas)

Tulkas_1-1657776053370.png

Tulkas
5 - Atom

Thanks I totally forgot about select records function.

It helped a lot.

Labels