Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How can I push my Workflow Configuration Start and End Date into Dynamic Input Tool?

hydrogurl01
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

I'm using the Workflow Configuration screen to Input a Start and End Date when running my workflow. Those Start and End Dates are referenced in various formulas. However, I wanted to pass those Start and End Dates dynamically into my ODBC connection in a SQL statement for a WHERE date >= Start Date and WHERE date <= End Date based off the user's input of the Workflow Config section. I see a Dynamic Input tool would be useful here, but how would I reference those Workflow Config start and end dates there? Any help is appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

I would suggest maybe something like is shown below. You can use a Text Input tool with some placeholder value followed by a formula tool that creates the start date and end date columns using the constants that you have defined. Then you follow that with a Dynamic Input tool which updates the WHERE clause. 

dynamic input.png

hydrogurl01
8 - Asteroid

Hi @BrandonB ,

Would you be able to show me what that text input would look like? Also would this replace the user workflow configuration I currently have for start and end dates? I'm referring to those fields in my formula tools so would I have to replace those?

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

The text input just needs something in it, but you won't be using the value in there so just put the number 1 or something so that there is data in a cell. This would not replace the constants that you have set. If you use the constant in a formula tool to create a new column it will pull the value from the constant that you have set. 

hydrogurl01
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much!

Labels