Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How can I open the latest Excel file within a directory?

hamdylie
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I need to read in the latest Excel file, say, column A.. T and ignore the rest, from within a directory. The directory contains files with name format "LCR-DDMMYYYY". I calculate to find the max DDMMYYYY, then feed the file (from a Directory tool FullPath field) into a Dynamic Input tool. When I run the workflow, I get an error "No Sheet specified, you must specify a sheet" from the Dynamic Input tool.

Can someone show me how to dynamically read in an Excel column A..T?

Thanks.

Regards,

=Hamdy

3 REPLIES 3
RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Since Excel requires a sheet name as part of the path, you can add a Formula tool after the Directory tool with something like [FullPath] + "|Sheet1$" where you are basically concatenating the sheet name onto the file path.

hamdylie
7 - Meteor

That fixes the problem. Thanks, RodL

hamdylie
7 - Meteor

Suddenly after my posting had been answered, I was presented with the following article How to dynamically run the most recent file in a file folder with similar solution to my issue.

Labels