Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How can I find a value in a dynamic range?

Andrea92
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I need to find values content in (Table A column Average sale) in the range Table B.

For example we find the value 8.35 in the range 5.46- 10.46 or 4.81 in the range 4.43- 5.46.

Keeping in mind that intervals are dynamic how can I resolve the issue?

Thanks a lot for your help 

Andrea

5 REPLIES 5
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Andrea92 ,

I have created a little workflow that may suit your needs.

Hope it helps 🙂

regards

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Andrea92 ,

How big is your dataset? If the size permits, what you can use is use an appends fields tool to create all combinations of numbers and percentiles. Then with a filter tool, you cna check if the average sales for a given number is greater than or equal to the min value but less than or equal to the  max value.

AngelosPachis_0-1614340282190.png

Hope that helps, let me know if that worked for you.

Cheers,

Angelos

Andrea92
7 - Meteor

It's a good idea but doesn't work because in append fields there more than 16 records in the source

Andrea92
7 - Meteor

It's a good idea but doesn't work because in append fields there are more than 16 records in the source

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Andrea92 ,

You can change that from the configuration window of the Append Fields tool. There you get the option to define what happens when too many records are generated, which by default is set to error if there are more than 16 records.

You can of course go around it to allow all appends.

AngelosPachis_0-1614344888183.png

Cheers,

Angelos

Labels