Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How can I create bullet points in Alteryx

SylviaK
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

I am trying to get 

From

%%The possible deliveries of battle tanks by Washington to Ukraine will be a “another blatant provocation” against Russia, Anatoly Antonov, Russia’s ambassador to the US, said on Wednesday.%% Peskov also called absurd the view in the west that peace and security on the continent would be obtained by arming Ukraine. Tass quotes him saying:%% He said there was no prospect of any detente, based on “the line that was chosen by Nato under US leadership”.%% The Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov expressed alarm this morning that the Doomsday Clock had edged closer to midnight than ever, even though the scientists who moved the symbolic dial cited Moscow’s own “thinly veiled threats” to use nuclear weapons.

To: 

- The possible deliveries of battle tanks by Washington to Ukraine will be a “another blatant provocation” against Russia, Anatoly Antonov, Russia’s ambassador to the US, said on Wednesday.

- Peskov also called absurd the view in the west that peace and security on the continent would be obtained by arming Ukraine. Tass quotes him saying:

- He said there was no prospect of any detente, based on “the line that was chosen by Nato under US leadership”.

- The Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov expressed alarm this morning that the Doomsday Clock had edged closer to midnight than ever, even though the scientists who moved the symbolic dial cited Moscow’s own “thinly veiled threats” to use nuclear weapons.

Attached is the workflow. Unfourtanely, I am losing the first bullet and ideally I would like to have this in one line as opposed to my current solution which is creating new rows. I have tried \n but that doesn't work when I use the render tool and output in Word.  Can someone pls help? 

Many thanks, 

Sylvia

5 REPLIES 5
Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

Try using this formula:

trim(Replace([Test],"%%","
- "))

Christina_H_1-1674645037664.png

Note the new line in the replacement text.

I've then run it through a Report Text and Render tool to get this:

Christina_H_0-1674645013727.png

SylviaK
8 - Asteroid

Many thanks Christina. Unfortunately, when I run your workflow I get this word output, i.e. no new lines...would you know why?

SylviaK_0-1674647840908.png

SylviaK
8 - Asteroid

@Christina_H : Many thanks. Unfortunately, when I run your workflow I get this word output, i.e. no new lines...would you know why? What version of Alteryx are you using?. I am using Alteryx Admin Designer, Version: 2021.3.4.00445. Many thanks

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

That's very strange, when I update it to output to Word instead of PDF I still get the new lines:

Christina_H_0-1675086530304.png

I'm on version 2022.3.1.395

thulasir
6 - Meteoroid

When I create bullets it is not in same line using Render tool. I get like below Format. If I am creating 200 pdf each will differ. I am trying to figure out getting solution for this

• Test1
    • Test2
      • Test3
        • Test4
Labels