Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How can I arrange my months into a specific order (Example from July to June)?

KVlahovljak
7 - Meteor

KVlahovljak_0-1597937983285.png

18 REPLIES 18
ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @KVlahovljak ,

An idea.

Hope it helps

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

@KVlahovljak ,

You can change the order the way you want.

KVlahovljak
7 - Meteor

@ImadZidan  Thank you so much! 

Where would I add this in?

KVlahovljak_0-1597940853739.png

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @KVlahovljak ,

Apologies, I was offline.

Well interesting. If you attach the workflow, I will add it. Its difficult just on visual.

I would say the you should replace the top part with the incoming data. 

If you can attach workflow, it will be great. empty data if you have to.

KVlahovljak_0-1597940853739.png

KVlahovljak
7 - Meteor

Hi @ImadZidan I have attached the workflow below.  I tried  changing the line up. I am trying to get it to sort from July to June order FY19 and July to June FY20 order and July FY21 to June FY21 order  (Example:  Jul, Aug , Sept, Oct, Nov,Dec, Jan, etc) all for FY20

KVlahovljak
7 - Meteor

As I think this through will the variance adjust based on this? I need to show the variance between July to August, August to September etc?

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

@KVlahovljak ,

let me have a look, I am sure we will crack it.

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

@KVlahovljak ,

Have a look at the attached workflow.

Lets look at the order first and we will look at the variance. 

If the order looks good to you, The join that you had was only oin the month but it should also include the year. This is why you were getting some duplicates and variance inconsistencies.

Well, have a look and let me know your thoughts. 

BTW, well done on the way you added the months per year. this gives you the flexibility to have different order per year if you wanted. 

KVlahovljak
7 - Meteor

This is amazing, I made a change and now Sept has fallen out of my line up.  I double checked the numbers and have no idea why this is? Other than that it is perfect.   DO you know if the variance stays the same or recalculates based on the months? 

Labels