Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How can Alteryx help in tracking deadlines?

Rupal03
8 - Asteroid

I want to prepare a monitoring schedule for my  FDs and also want to track its renewal deadline. How can I achieve it? 

I am also attaching a dummy data set

4 REPLIES 4
sparksun
11 - Bolide

Surely Alteryx can do it,but It depends how you want to track those renewal deadline.

Rupal03
8 - Asteroid

So I want to get a notification whenever the deadline is approaching so that I don't miss any compliance  

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Rupal03 

You can use something like this

danilang_0-1633949952813.png

The Reminder Interval Text Input tool has the number of lead days.  Append this to the input data and use a formula to only pass the dates where the difference between that date and today is less than the lead days.  I also included a clause to ignore renewal before today.  This is assuming that you'll actually get to them before the renewal date and once renewed, the renewal date will be updated.

Change the Browse to an email tool and schedule this daily. 

Dan 

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

Are you working with just Alteryx Designer?  Designer will only be able to notify you of things when a workflow is run manually.  You would need a server or scheduler licence for this to happen automatically.

You could set up a workflow something like the attached, which will error to notify you of dates within the next month each time it runs.  The browse shows the records.

Christina_Hurrell_0-1633951379147.png

Labels