Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How To: Deleting multiple duplicate values in each column compared to first row values

Czaggy
7 - Meteor

Hi,

does anyone what workflow to use in order to get rid of duplicates of the first row of a new Project (defined by ProjectID). In this input table i have the first row of a project with the main data, now i want the following rows to only show the values in each column, that are different from the first row values (they could also be replaced by 0 or NULL). I found the multiple row formula to work for only one column each, but id have to add a new formula for every column i have - which is 53 columns in the original input table.

I would be super thankful if anyone can help me out or give me some mental inputs that will help me solve this problem.

Input table:

ProjectIDInfo1Info2Info3Info4Info5
1x1x2x3x4x5
1x1x2yx4x5
1x1x2x3zx5
1x1x2x3x4o
2a1a2a3a4a5
2a1ba3a4a5
2a1a2ca4a5
2a1a2a3da5
2a1a2a3a4e

Output:

ProjectIDInfo1Info2Info3Info4Info5
1x1x2x3x4x5
1  y  
1   z 
1    o
2a1a2a3a4a5
2 b   
2  c  
2   d 
2    e

2 REPLIES 2
Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

hi @Czaggy,

I achieved to do so using transpose and cross tabs and compare the values, there is a sample workflow attached, it does what you asked for (and you can add as many info as you want it will still work 😉 )

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Czaggy 

Good solution from @Ladarthure 

Here's a different one that uses the unique tool to pull out only the changed rows for each column and then applies a Cross tab to get the original structure back.

WF.png

The Unique tool looks at ProjectID, Name and Value of the transposed data.  The results are 

Results.png

Dan

Labels